Topics & Events
The Donor Committee deals intensively with the question of what are the dimensions and core elements of dual vocational education and training and how these are implemented in development cooperation. For this, the Committee deals with and discusses various themes and issues together with its members and partners. These include:
- What does the Donor Committee understand by dual vocational education and training and what implications do we see for development cooperation?
- What distinguishes dual vocational education and training from other approaches and where are the opportunities for the partner countries of development cooperation?
- How can core elements of dual vocational education and training be implemented depending on the specific context and on a target-oriented basis?
- Which experiences and best practices have the members and their partners had in the implementation of approaches and elements of dual vocational education and training and what can we learn from this?
The members of the Donor Committee have many years of experience in the target-oriented implementation of elements of dual vocational education and training. With the thematic discussions, the Donor Committee wants to show what works and what can be learned from the experiences.
Specialist conference of the Donor Committee on 14 April 2016 in Lucerne (Switzerland)
In the workshops of the specialist conference the following themes were presented and discussed:
- Workplace as a place of learning
- Joint responsibility of the state and private sector
- Challenges with dual system reforms using the Republic of Moldova as an example
- Dual vocational education and training in fragile contexts
Regional Workshop Eastern Europe
In the workshop for Eastern Europe (in Tirana, Albania in June 2017) the following themes were presented and discussed:
- Workbased-learning in the region: Overview
- Challenges and experiences in reforming VET systems with regards to dual elements
- Shared responsibility between the state and private sector
- Exchange, coordination and collaboration
Regional Workshop Western Africa
In the workshop for Western Africa (in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso in November/December 2017) the following themes were presented and discussed (in French):
- Introduction à la formation duale dans la coopération au développement
- Formation professionnelle duale en Afrique de l’Ouest
- Approches axées sur l’emploi rapide
- Formation professionnelle agricole
- Perspectives vers une meilleure coopération entre les pays et les acteurs du développement dans la région