Results of survey on new technologies in dual VET in development cooperation

New technologies are a great opportunity for VET in development cooperation according to most visitors to our website. This is the result of a non-representative survey that we conducted on our website from mid-2020 to mid-2021.

About 80% of the participants have no doubts that new technologies offer a great opportunity, while the remaining 20% say that it depends on the specific circumstances. Among other things, they consider that the challenge is to choose the right technology for the context and to use it wisely. Furthermore, it was emphasized that new technologies are only ever a supplement to, but never a substitute for, face-to-face exchanges, even though they have of course ensured that training could be maintained (at least in part) in times of pandemic. An important aspect to consider, especially for development cooperation, is ensuring access to new technologies. This is important so that vulnerable groups can also benefit from the new technologies, for example in contexts that do not have a stable Internet connection.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to complete our survey! Our new focus topic is cost-benefit considerations for companies involved in dual VET. One of the core elements and success factors of dual VET is business sector participation. We would like to know from you what the main reasons are that companies in your context do not (yet) participate in training: Is it mainly the cost-benefit considerations, or rather other reasons that make it more difficult to get involved? Participate in the survey on our website (visible on all pages)!

If you are interested in more information on this topic, sign up for our newsletter here or contact us at

Published On: August 25th, 2021Categories: General