Risi Albania (CHF 5.1 mio) implemented by Helvetas/IC and Partners Albania aims to support the creation of more jobs for young women and men in specific sectors (ICT, Tourism and Agro-processing).
Skills Development for Employment (CHF 3 mio) implemented by UNDP Albania intends to make a systemic contribution to the modernization of the VET system by addressing key challenges on the system’s governance and financing.
Skills for Jobs (CHF 6.3 mio) implemented by Swisscontact responds to the challenges of the VET system: the quality of its training offer in the selected sectors (Tourism, Construction, Textile, ICT) and regions (Vlora, Lezha and Berat), its image, labour market orientation and private sector involvement.
Entrepreneurship Program (approx. CHF 2 mio) implemented by Swisscontact and J.E. Austin Associates intends to bring a positive effect on job creation
Skills for Jobs promotes dual VET, private sector cooperation and Swiss expertise. With its focus on public VET schools it complements the UNDP project working on policy level.
Switzerland has supported the VET sector since two decades. The capitalisation process identified an inspiring number of results left behind. They concern:
- Innovative training delivery strategies and coaching approaches with a strong combination of theory and practice.
- Models of cooperation with private sector.
- Rehabilitation of training centres with a strong focus on dual system elements.
- Enhancements of the capacities of public employment offices to tailor, implements, monitor and evaluate active labour market measures.
- Models of facilitation of the “school to work transition” for youth, including vulnerable youth.