The participants will get a basic introduction on state-of-the-art digital technologies / applications for teaching and learning and how to use them. The practical-oriented training emphasises advanced collaboration and productivity suites and easy-to-use applications. It focusses on how to implement digital media in TVET teaching and learning fast and result-oriented.
On completion of the training, participants
• describe different scenarios, formats and applications of digital teaching and learning
• use digital productivity and communication tools
• develop digital teaching and learning material
• communicate with students online
• plan, conduct and evaluate teaching-learning activities with digital media
• teach students on digital literacy
• Digital media tools and applications, e.g. Google Apps, Microsoft 365 (Teams), Social Media
• ICT hardware
• Media design and production: text, presentations, images and videos
• Online communication techniques
• Data security and copyright
• Tipps and tricks, do’s and don’ts
The training is designed to be provided as a full online (e-learning) course. The student-centered and practical approach group and project work.
Main digital media (e-learning) elements are:
• Lectures/presentations via video stream (live or on demand)
• Collaboration and productivity software like MS 365 (Teams, Office) or Google Apps
• Group and one-on-one video calls for mentoring and discussion
• Text-based communication chat, group chat, e-mail and message boards (e.g. MS Teams channels)
• Learning Management Systems (on demand)
• TVET teachers and in-company trainers
• TVET experts
from all occupational fields and business sectors
• Basic ICT skills
• at least 3 years of professional experience in TVET college, institute, agency, university or company.
• 60h (40 h Online, 20 h Self-study)
Course dates 8:30 – 14: 30 (German time)
The participants will receive a certificate of participation after successful completion of the course.
Academy for International Cooperation
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Jochen Sonntag (Mr.)