Thomas Greminger (Deputy Director & Head of Regional Cooperation Department, SDC), DC dVET founding event, 14. April 2016 (in German)
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is the agency for international cooperation in the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA). It is responsible for carrying out the foreign policy of the Federal Council in the areas of humanitarian aid, development cooperation and cooperation with countries in the East. The strategic goals of SDC include preventing and overcoming crises, creating access to resources, promoting sustainable economic growth, supporting the transition to democratic, market-based systems and helping to shape environmentally and socially compatible globalization. Gender equality and good governance are important guidelines.
Are you looking for a job? Here you can find SDC’s job openings (in German)
Vocational education and training can make a decisive contribution to help reduce poverty. The aim is to teach people the required qualifications so that they can take part in economic life, have new possibilities opening up for them and can find gainful employment. At the same time, qualified workers also increase the competitiveness of a company. Vocational training thus makes a direct contribution to poverty reduction as well as social and economic development. In response to the needs of the partner countries, the SDC proposes solutions based primarily on the following orientations:
Labor market integration (employed or self-employed), interventions in selected sectors, access and integration of disadvantaged groups, and development and strengthening of vocational training systems and institutions.
Learn more about the focus areas and specific approaches of SDC in the field of vocational education and training:
- Vocational Skills Development: Key to Employment and income. Insights into SDC’s Cooperation in VSD
- Employment and Income: SDC’s Medium Term Orientation 2015-2019
- Understanding and Analysing VET Systems – an Introduction
- The SDC’s Education Strategy for Basic Education and Vocational Skills Development 2017
- Impact Areas of Vocational Skills Development (VSD): VSD Typology Tool (Tool 1/3) (revised version coming soon)
- Factsheet Vocational Skills Development (May 2017)
- SDC Vocational Skills Development Portfolio (2017) (revised version coming soon)