The Donor Committee for dual Vocational Education and Training
Vocational education and training (VET) has always been an important pillar in the development cooperation of Germany, Liechtenstein, Austria and Switzerland. VET projects and Programmes – including such with dual approaches – have been implemented in cooperation with their project partners for many years. In addition, international interest in dual VET has increased substantially in recent years. In order to make even better use of the experiences and expertise in this area, the four countries established the Donor Committee for dual Vocational Education and Training – DC dVET.
The goal of the Donor Committee is to support the incorporation of dual VET elements in development cooperation project and programmes. With this in mind, DC dVET shows and supports possibilities for carrying out dual VET in a target-oriented and context specific manner – without wanting to transfer the dual system one to one. It will therefore be possible for the partner countries in the south and east to make (even) better use of the advantages of dual vocational education and training.
DC dVET-Video: About us, vision and guiding principles
DC dVET-Video on Youtube in French: DC dVET: Formation professionnelle duale dans la coopération au développement
Organisation & Strategic Priorities
Members of the DC dVET are:
- the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of Austrian Development Cooperation
- the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- the Liechtenstein Development Service (LED) und
- the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The objective of the Donor Committee is to support its members and their projects and programmes in their continued thematic development and to promote exchange and coordination among each other.
Our offer to the members and their projects and programmes comprise the following services:
- Thematic work and documentation
- Working groups
- Thematic support
The members have set up a secretariat to coordinate and support their activities. This consists of a secretariat management, an employee and also country representatives in the four member countries and is implemented as part of a consortium between Swisscontact, Inbas GmbH, KEK-CDC Consultants and L&R Social Research.
The Donor Committee focuses on the following three working areas:
- Public Relations: We offer a source of information and resources to a broad target group.
- Networking and Collaboration: We offer our members and partners a platform for mutual exchange, networking and learning.
- Support for Projects and Programmes: We provide targeted thematic assistance for projects and programmes implemented by our member organisations.